Once the main structure was complete, it was time to sit down and make the actual screened panels. For the frame of the panels I used the same 1x2 pressure treated lumber as for the stops described earlier. Because nothing on the porch, or the house for that matter, is square, I had to measure the opening for each of the four sides, for each panel, and label each piece as I cut the lumber, to make sure it would fit in the recessed grove I created. It was a little time consuming but well worth the effort.
Once the pieces were ready, I again predrilled the holes and used trim head screws to put each frame together. Of course there are lots of other ways the frames could have been constructed, but I already had the screws and it was the easiest method for me at the time. I didn't have a biscuit joiner and just wanted to the porch completed already. A one month project is already stretching into the end of the summer.
Once the frames were constructed I had to stretch the actual screen onto them. After trying a few methods, I placed the frames on the garage floor, placed left over pieces of 1x2 along the edges and stapled the screen to the scrap pieces as I stretched the screen over the frame. Once all four sides were done, I stapled the screen to the frame itself.